Tour Dates: June 16-23, 2022
All applications must be submitted on this form and received at Coastal Electric Cooperative by midnight on February 20, 2022. If you have questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-421-2343, ext. 2235.
Rules for Application
1. Eligibility: The Washington Youth Tour is open to any high school student who is "actively enrolled" at the junior class level, lives in south Bryan, Liberty, or McIntosh counties, and is at least 16 years old at the time the tour begins.
2. Apply online: All applications must be submitted online.
3. Top applicants, winners: Coastal Electric Cooperative will host a Washington Youth Tour contest in Bryan, Liberty and McIntosh counties. Interview judging criteria will include general knowledge, speaking ability, poise, personality, and professionalism.
4. Deadline and sending the application: All online applications must be received at Coastal Electric Cooperative by midnight February 20, 2022. For questions, please email email@example.com or call 800-421-2343, ext. 2235.
5. Judging: Applications and application materials will be reviewed by a panel of judges. Applications will be rated as follows: 25 percent - Character, 25 percent - Commitment to Academics, 25 percent -Involvement with School, Community, Work, and 25 percent - Leadership Traits and Skills.
6. Delegate Scholarship: Each winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship. The awarding of the scholarship is contingent upon attending the Washington Youth Tour. If the delegate cannot attend the WYT, they will forfeit the scholarship and it will be awarded to the alternate.
7. Alternate Scholarship, Responsibilities: The alternate will receive a $500 scholarship. If a selected delegate cannot attend, the alternate for that area will be asked to attend the WYT. If the alternate for that county cannot attend, a drawing will be held among the remaining two alternates to determine the order for seeking another delegate. Any alternates who attends the WYT will receive a $1,000 scholarship instead of a $500 scholarship.
8. Decisions: Decisions regarding winners are final.
9. Dinner: Winners and their parent(s)/guardian(s) are expected to attend an orientation dinner in April.
10. Trip: On June 16, 2022, delegates will travel to Atlanta for the kick-off banquet before flying to Washington, D.C. Delegates will return on June 23. Transportation to and from Atlanta will be the responsibility of Coastal Electric Cooperative. All plans are subject to change. Washington Youth Tour participants will be expected to comply with CDC guidelines and government mandates, as well as rules for each tour stop, such as social distancing and mask requirements.
At this time, COVID vaccinations are encouraged but not required to attend Washington Youth Tour. Vaccination requirements are subject to change, depending on individual tour stop requirements.
To attend the Kickoff Banquet, parents and guests must be vaccinated or show a negative PCR test 48 hours prior to the event.
|Part I - School-Related Information|
List activities in which you have participated or any special honors you have received during your high school years. For each activity, indicate the grade in which you were enrolled.
|Part II - Extracurricular Activities |
Please list your writing experiences in which you have participated (yearbook, newspaper, essay contests, speech writing). For each activity, indicate the grade in which you were enrolled.
Tell us about your public speaking experience. Limit to 100 words.
Activities and Community Service
List extracurricular activities and years of involvement in which you have participated. For example, 4-H (June 2019 - June 2021); FBLA (December 2019 - February 2021). List any work experience you have.
Why should you be chosen for the Youth Tour? Limit to 100 words.
|Part III - Agreement|
|If chosen as a delegate, I will be expected to attend an orientation dinner in April and the 2022 Washington Youth Tour, June 16 to June 23, 2022. In addition, I understand that I will receive a $1,000 scholarship to use for a college or technical education. The awarding of the scholarship is contingent upon my attending the Youth Tour. If I cannot attend, I will forfeit the $1,000 scholarship and an alternate will attend. I understand and agree that my name and/or photo may be used in publicity about the Washington Youth Tour with no compensation to me. I understand that if I am selected as a delegate or an alternate, I will be expected to attend an orientation dinner in April. I have discussed this trip with my parent(s)/guardian(s). They are aware that I am applying for this trip.|